Genealogy Resources
Area Research Centers
Records Management
Nat. History Day Resources


Research Services and Policies

The Oshkosh Archives and Area Research Center offers research and reference services to distant patrons.

If you cannot visit us in person, the Archives and Area Research Center will make copies of documents from paper or microforms FOR A FEE. All requests must be submitted in writing either via electronic or conventional mail. Please find details about these fees here. Questions regarding the fees can be sent to

There are two different methods of making a request.

1)Court Records Index - Most of our naturalization records and select civil and probate records can be searched and requested directly from our Court Records Index.

Search the Court Records Index and Submit a Request

2)On-line Request Form - All other requests including all birth, death and marriage records AND Fond du Lac County naturalization PETITIONS should be made via this on-line request form.

Submit a Standard Online Request

Send written requests to:

Area Research Center
Forrest Polk Library
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901

If there is a problem with the online request form email send requests to