Class of 1963 Reunion
- Register today!
- Class Lists
- Reunion Registrants: see which of your friends are coming to the reunion!
- Class gift
- List of Donors
If you'd like to serve on the reunion planning committee e-mail Christine Gantner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (920) 424-0625.
Schedule of Events
Friday, May 10, 2013
Class of 1963 Dinner - Robbins Restaurant
(1810 Omro Road - just east of Hwy 41 and 21).
Reception at 4:30 and meal at 5:30pm.
Saturday, May 11, 2013
9:30 a.m. Bus Tour of Campus
Departing from UWO Campus Services Center, 650 Witzel, corner of Witzel and Campbell.
10:45 a.m. Luncheon Registration and Reminiscing
Reeve Memorial Union, Room 202
11:15 a.m. Golden Titan Luncheon and Program
Reeve Memorial Union, Room 202
1 p.m. Class Photo and Academic Regalia Robing
Class of 1963 members lead the 2013 Commencement processional (2 p.m. at Kolf and will robe in Reeve Union (Room 201). Special seating at Kolf will be provided for spouses and guests.
1:15 p.m Transportation to Commencement
The bus will leave Reeve Union for Kolf Sports Complex. Following the ceremony, at approximately 4 p.m., bus transportation will be provided to your vehicle.
Limited free parking will be available in Lot 15, located directly across from Reeve Memorial Union, on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please avoid special marked spaces unless you have the proper permit. For more information, visit the Parking website.
- Another enrollment record was set in September as the semester began with 3,339. In just eight years, this number will be more than 10,000.
- Tuition for Wisconsin residents was $0. Out-of-state students paid $95 per semester. All full-time students paid $75 per semester in incidental fees. Student activity and Union fees were another $27.50. Today, a semester's tuition costs $3,678 for Wisconsinites, and $7,465 for out-of-state residents.
- Room rental in the campus's few dormitories was $130 per semester for a shared room. Today, it is $1,876.
- The Forrest Polk Library opened in the fall with an oficial dedication in November 1962.
- The Smothers Brothers performed in March 1963. Also, heard on campus in the year - The New Christy Minstrels.
- The Wisconsin State College at Oshkosh (OSC) basketball team won the conference champtionship with a conference record of 11 and 1. Titans went on to defeat Lakeland College in the playoff to earn a trip to Kansas City for the tournament. The Titan's lost to Lewis & Clark College in the final seconds of their first round bout of the tournament.
- Governor-elect John W. Reynolds inspected the campus after his election.
- Senator William Proxmire visited OSC in October 1962.
- Construction began on the college's new science building. In time, this building would be named Halsey Science Center.
- Reeve Union, only a few years old, began a major expansion that would triple the size of the building in 1963.
- The Titanettes, the school's pom pon squad, debuted in fall 1962.
- The Titan Marching Band performed for the first time at a Green Bay Packers game on November 18, 1962.
Have photos or memorabilia to share?
UW Oshkosh is seeking photos and other items from the 1930s- 1960s' student life. If you have items to share, please contact University Archivist Joshua Ranger, (920 )424-0828 or email email@example.com.
As always, if you have questions about this event, please contact the alumni office by email or call (920) 424-3449 or toll free (877) 896-2586.