Not only do we want to assist you in reconnecting with your alma mater but also in making new connections. It is exciting to be involved in UW Oshkosh's continued growth and success.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with your alma mater and rekindle your Titan spirit is to volunteer.
Each year, hundreds of alumni from every walk of life and corner of the globe give back to UW Oshkosh by mentoring current students, serving on committees or by hosting alumni gatherings. Whether your involvement touches a few friends or a few hundred, you are making a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Bye-Gosh Fest: Thursday, May 8, 2014 from 4-8 p.m. Come join in on the Bye Gosh Fest celebration and help wish current students all the best as they make their way toward the end of another academic year! Please contact Stephanie Briggs at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in serving as an Alumni Volunteer. We will be representing the Alumni Association and serving titan crunch custard from Culvers!
- Homecoming: Help with Homecoming 2014 on Oct. 18. Contact us for more information.
- Spring and Fall Commencements: Contact the University Special Events Coordinator at (920) 424-0344 for more information. To help the Student Alumni Ambassadors with their rose and t-shirt sale at commencement contact email@example.com
- Serve as a greeter at our various alumni events and receptions.
- Opening Weekend Volunteers needed for freshmen move-in Labor Day Weekend 2014
- UW Oshkosh alumni are invited to attend the Career Fair on the Fox held every spring and fall semester for the opportunity to connect with more than 100 employers representing a variety of industries. Learn more about the Career Fair on the Fox.
- Alumni are welcome to participate in on-campus Interviewing opportunities. Employers recruit UW Oshkosh students and alumni throughout the year for part-time, full-time and internship positions. All interviews are held in the UW Oshkosh Career Services office unless otherwise noted. Learn more about on-campus Interviewing. Sign up for an on-campus interview via your Titan Jobs account.
- Tables of Titans provides an opportunity for alumni to network with students exploring future career options through sharing a meal in an intimate, friendly and welcoming environment. This event is hosted by one or two UW Oshkosh graduates currently employed at an organization. To participate in a Tables of Titans event, contact the Career Services office to discuss arrangements for dates, locations and attendees. Your organization will be expected to select a location within Oshkosh to hold this event and cover the group's meal expenses. Career Services provides logistics support for the event.
- Practice the fundamentals of networking, dinner conversations and proper dining etiquette with students. Alumni may contact the Career Services office if interested in hosting a table for the Dining with Professionals event held each semester. Learn more about Dining with Professionals.
- UW Oshkosh alumni interested in sharing their career path experience with current students may contact the UW Oshkosh Career Services office to iscuss opportunities to meet with students through the Career Path Series. Career Services will collaborate with individual alumni and with student organizations to help bring alumni career development stories to campus and provide the opportunity for alumni and students to initiate meaningful professional relationships.
At Alumni Relations, we make the volunteer process simple by guiding you every step of the way. Please take a moment to explore your options and contact us if you have any further questions.
The "Mentor Network" is a subgroup of the UW Oshkosh Alumni group on LinkedIn that the Alumni Relations Office created as a platform for current students to connect with alumni and professionals for networking and career development opportunities. Learn more.
With the Mentor Network You Can:
- Help students and alumni build professional relationships.
- Learn about personal and professional development.
- Share knowledge, perspectives and valuable resource information.
- Discuss career opportunities.
- Coordinate networking opportunities.
Student Alumni Ambassadors
The UW Oshkosh Student Alumni Ambassadors (SAA) are a vital link between current campus life and University alumni and friends. It is an organization dedicated to promoting UW Oshkosh and building pride among fellow students, alumni and the community. Members of SAA come from a variety of backgrounds and possess a multitude of experiences. Learn more.
Alumnus and Vice President of the Alumni Association Board, Scott Barr '86 volunteered his time to help UWO Students with move-in day. He shared a few words about his experience and how he hopes to help again in the future.
"It seems a very long time ago that I first arrived on the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh campus with my banana crate full of jeans and t-shirts and smelly old Nike Bruins, with my stereo system on top. In fact, mabye it WAS a very long time ago, given that the people we were helping to unload and move into the Horizon Village residence hall this Labor Day were not born when I moved to campus. Nevertheless, I remember very clearly how exciting and a little nerve-wracking it was to be dropped off by my mom in front of South Gruenhagen and make my way inside (with my one load of belongings) to find my room and roommate".
"Students loads of belongings are bigger now, but their stresses and concerns are the same. We were glad to provide a smiling face and helping hands to make this potentially tough day a little easier for them and for their parents".
"And it was a whole lot easier than we expected. The "MI Titans" are a force to be reckoned with, moving the large piles of clothes, posters, furniture, televisions, and computers off the curb into the halls before the parents can even get back from the assigned parking areas to help".
"We will definitely be back to help next time"!