Student Alumni Ambassadors
The UW Oshkosh Student Alumni Ambassadors (SAA) are a vital link between current campus life and University alumni and friends. It is an organization dedicated to promoting UW Oshkosh and building pride among fellow students, alumni and the community. Members of SAA come from a variety of backgrounds and possess a multitude of experiences.
Although there are many benefits for serving as an ambassador, many students share that the intrinsic reward of giving back to the University and fellow students has been most important to them. Other rewards associated with being selected as a SAA member are:
- Certificate from the Director of Alumni Relations recognizing your contribution to the University.
- Networking with business professionals from a multitude of professions.
- Developing necessary professional skills applicable to post-graduation life.
- Demonstrating leadership roles that can be a key resume builder.
- Opportunity to develop a relationship with members of the administration.
- A shirt identifying you as a member of the Student Alumni Ambassadors.
- Attend special events, where food is served, at no charge.
SAA members immerse themselves in the campus scene, attending many University events and networking with professionals. You may find them mingling in a crowd, hosting a table of guests, providing tours or speaking positively about the UW Oshkosh experience. But, most importantly, they help keep alumni in touch with University happenings and ensure students are aware of their roles as future alumni.
Events to Host and Attend
SAA members will be expected to attend scheduled group meetings and serve at Alumni Relations sponsored events..
- Fall Fest on the Fox/Alumni Dragon Boat team
Sept. 22, 2012
- 3 Under 30
Date to be announced
- Countdown to Commencement
Oct. 10, 2012, noon-6 p.m.
- Alumni Awards Dinner
Oct. 12, 2012, 5-9 p.m.
Oct. 13, 2012
- Nearly Naked Mile
Date to be announced
- Almost Alumni Lunch
Dec. 4, 2012, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Commencement Rose Sale
Dec. 15, 2012 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Alumni Reunion Events (See Upcoming Events)
SAA members have a number of independent projects each year that require assistance from other members. Ambassadors will be expected to assist with one such project per year. These projects could include the organization of a new campus-wide event or recruitment of new SAA members.
All students are eligible to be a member of Student Alumni Ambassadors. If you are interested in becoming an SAA member, please complete the online SAA Application Form.
Those who become a member in Spring 2011 and have a GPA of 3.0 or better are invited to apply for SAA leadership roles for Fall 2011. Please review the full description of the Student Alumni Ambassadors Information if you are considering applying for a leadership position Fall 2011.