- Kory Collier (LS) graduated from the Air Traffic Control Operations Apprentice Course at Keesler Air Force Base in Mississippi.
- Peter Gries (LS) is vice president of information technology at Health Benefits Direct Corp. He resides in Coral Springs, Fla.
- Jason Lorier (LS) is a new systems analyst at Johnsonville Sausage in Sheboygan Falls.
- Teri (Kemppainen) McKean (LS) earned a Master of Social Work from the Jane Addams College of Social Work at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Her husband, Jason McKean ’00 (EHS), is an area coordinator with the University of Illinois Housing Department.
- Erin (McMillan) Ness, '99 (B) and '06 (MBA) is a benefit analyst at Menasha Corporation/Advantage in Neenah.
- Jason Schreiber (EHS) is principal at Meadow View Elementary School in Oconomowoc.
- Vj Brad Zibung (LS) of Chicago, is senior regional manager of StubHub.com’s LMT Inc. group, which is owned by eBay. He continues to run the satirical sports publication, The Heckler/TheHeckler.com, which recently began its sixth year.
- Jessica (Lemke) Angell (B) of Menasha, is a retirement plan consultant at Virchow Krause & Co. in Appleton.
- Lisa (Gutzke) Ellis (MBA) opened BYOgreen — Bring Your Own Green. Her company, based in Texas, offers biodegradable products, including plates, cups, utensils, bags and paper in manageable and affordable quantities for everyday use.
- Scott Gurholt (LS) is the new marketing director for Riley Construction Company, Inc., based in Kenosha.
- Melanie (Harring) Marine (EHS) and ’00 MPA and husband, Chad, welcomed their second son, Colton, on Aug. 2, 2008. Their other son, Nathan, was born on the same date in 2006. They live in Omro.
- Tom Maurer (MBA) of Menasha, is director of Schenck Technology Solutions, a part of Schenck Business Solutions.
- Michael Salutz (MBA) is chief financial officer for Nemschoff, a company in Sheboygan that has provided healthcare furniture for over fifty years.
- Jeff Sobieski (LS) of Muskego, is chief operating officer of Telkonet, the leading provider of innovative, centrally-managed solutions for integrated energy management, networking, building automation and proactive support services.
- Jason Tienor (B) is president and chief executive officer of Telkonet of the greater Milwaukee area.
- Sandra Van Domelen (EHS) received certification to offer substance abuse counseling and is a spokesperson for the American Cancer Society.
- Amy (Algiers) Ciepluch (LS) has been promoted to partner at Quarles & Brady LLP’s Milwaukee office. She focuses her practice in the areas of employee benefits and executive compensation, where she provides ongoing counseling on all benefit plan types, both for profit and not-for-profit entities.
- Nicole (Skruby) Danke (LS) of Winneconne, is senior financial adviser for M&I Wealth Management.
- Arthur Ladish (B) founder of Ladish Homes, celebrated the grand opening of his company’s design studio in Neenah in September. He began building homes while a student at UW Oshkosh.
- Brad Reichert (B) and (LS) was awarded the chartered financial analyst (CFA) designation from the CFA Institute of Charlottesville, Va. He is a certified financial planner and senior investment manager for Charles Schwab and Company in Phoenix, Ariz.
- Jerry Rhoden (LS) and wife, Gaylene, welcomed son Christian Daniel, born in July.
- Tammy (Bauer) Rowlands (B) welcomed son Tyler in September. She also has a daughter, Jenna, born in December 2004.
- Heidi Scott (LS) and husband, Rob, are the new owners of Mountain Bay Scuba Inc. in Appleton. The business is a full-service scuba dive retail store, service center and training facility with an on-site classroom and private dive park.
- Jamal Scott (LS) is the admissions director at Argosy University in Chicago.
- Josephine Benkers (LS) has been promoted to partner at Quarles & Brady LLP’s Madison office. She focuses her practice in the areas of intellectual property litigation and commercial litigation, including patent infringement, copyright and trade secrets disputes.
- Pamela (Sanchez) Burrows (LS) is a certified fitness therapist, personal trainer, master trainer, Pilates instructor and assessment facilitator in Kohler.
- Angela Chadwick (LS) graduated with honors from the American Military University in Virginia. She lives in Maryland and works for the Department of Defense as a senior analyst.
- Bradley Heutmaker (LS) of Maricopa, Ariz., finished his first marathon in San Diego on June 1. Over the past two years, he and his wife, Ivette, lost 75 pounds. Their story was featured in a national fitness magazine, Experience Life.
- David Kussow (N) is nurse manager of a general medicine and pediatric unit for Meriter Hospital in Madison, Wis., and recently the celebrated the birth of his son Willliam.
- Jenny (Tylka) Meyer (LS) and husband, Steve, welcomed their first son, Dane Walter, Oct. 22.
- Michelle (Kuhn) Clark (LS) of the Los Angeles area, and husband, Jeff, welcomed their first child, Andrew Leal Clark, on June 13, 2008.
- Kelly Seichter (MSE) is elementary principal and director of curriculum instruction for the Monroe School District.
- Lori Weisse (N) is an instructor and the department head of the medical assistant program at the Fox Valley Technical College Waupaca Regional Center.
- Craig Wenorf (LS) an associate professor of psychology at UW-Stevens Point, was honored with the school’s Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Tricia Betthauser (EHS) and ’06 MS was lead instructor for the first annual Tomah Youth Basketball Camp. She also is head varsity girls coach at Adlai Stevenson III High School in Lincolnshire, Ill.
- Brian Binder (LS) was an extra for the movie, Public Enemy, starring Johnny Depp.
- Jason Fox (EHS) and ’96 (LS) is editor of Berlin Journal Newspapers. He resides in Winneconne with his wife, Tammie, and their four children.
- Jeffrey Hubing (LS) earned his doctorate in theology in the New Testament and early Christianity from Loyola University in Chicago in May 2008. Hubing has served on the pastoral staff of four churches and regularly speaks at conferences, retreats and training seminars throughout the Midwest. He has preached and taught in several countries, including India, Nigeria, El Salvador, Bolivia, Brazil and Holland.
- Jeffrey Reddick (LS) was inducted into Mukwonago High School's Athletic Hall of Fame in September. While attending UW Oshkosh, he was a track and field team captain and received all-conference honors.
- Jonathan Bullock (MBA) is vice president of strategic advancement at Moraine Park Technical College in Fond du Lac.
- Lee Jackson III (MBA) is patient financial services director at NEON Health Services in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Ann Meyers (EHS) of Fond du Lac, is an agricultural ambassador who shares the story of Wisconsin’s farming industry with children.
- Samuel Miller, MBA, based in Appleton, has been elected chairman of the American Bankers Association’s agricultural and rural bankers committee for 2008-09. He is senior vice president of agribusiness and food banking for M&I Bank.
- Timothy Olson, '93 (B) and '98 (MBA) is senior vice president and chief financial officer of ThedaCare Inc. in Appleton.
- Dennis Schroeder (LS) is financial aid director at Los Angeles Mission College, a public two-year community college in the Los Angeles area with an enrollment of 9,500 students.
- Kristin (Kocian) Zarosley (LS) is a medical social worker at Home Health United in Madison. She resides in Sun Prairie with her husband and twin sons.
- Karla Blumreich (LS) was elected to the board of directors for Altrusa International Inc., of Appleton. She is employed at SECURA Insurance Companies as a data coordinator.
- Alan Christian (LS) received tenure and a promotion to associate professor of biological sciences at Arkansas State University. He is working with a $2.3 million grant from the National Science Foundation for environmental and molecular biosciences.
- Mary Downs (MS) and ’94 (MSE) is the executive director for ThedaCare Behavioral Health.
- Kurt Krueger (LS) is editor of the Vilas County News-Review and The Three Lakes News, based in the Eagle River, Wis. He has helped the publications win more than 120 state and national awards.
- Scott Payne (B) was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Marine Corps. He is serving at U.S. Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base in Illinois.
- John Kaftan (LS) of Syracuse, N.Y., his wife, Perrin, and their two children welcomed twins last year. John is a network engineer at Utica College.
- Geri Kempf (MSE) is principal of Fox Lake Elementary School and assistant principal at Waupun Middle School. She and her husband, Nick, have been married 26 years and have three daughters. They live in Hubertus.
- Michael Kuborn (LS) is an associate attorney with Curtis Law Office. His daughter, Ashley, attends UW Oshkosh and is studying computer science.
- Margaret (Peggy) Mand (B) welcomed a daughter, Taylor Ann Steele. Born 10 weeks early, she weighed 3 pounds, 7 ounces and measured 16.5 inches long.
- Dave Powers (B) joined the board of directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rock, Walworth and Jefferson Counties.
- Michael Schmidt MBA is marketing director for First National Bank-Fox Valley.
- Stacy (Riddle) Hopp (EHS) a part-time, second-grade teacher, is completing a master's degree as a reading specialist.
- Shari (Swenson) Karasek (B) of Racine, is regional human resources director for Lee Enterprises, where she oversees the human resources function for The Journal Times and The Pantagraph in Bloomington, Ill.
- Joseph Konop (LS) is president of the Milwaukee chapter of the business marketing association (BMA) for 2009-10. BMA is the largest professional marketing association in Southeast Wisc. and third largest chapter in the country.
- Jennifer (Wagner) Mauk (LS) is the marketing and public relations director at Affinity Health System.
- Patricia (Zietlow) Miller (LS) and ’00 MS ,of Fitchburg, received a letter of commendation in the 2008 Barbara Karlin Grant competition for picture book writing, sponsored by the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators.
- Mark Ostendorf (LS) is general manager of the Residence Inn by Marriott Milwaukee-Brookfield hotel.
- Laura (Lewis) Riskus (LS) is change management specialist at Kraft Foods. She focuses on IS enterprise-wide projects that affect 56,000 Kraft employees worldwide.
- Paul Schaefer (B) is a wealth manager with TIAA-CREF in Little Rock, Ark.
- Jan (Kohlbeck) Scoville (LS) and ’92 MSE was appointed chair of the fundraising committee for HELP of Door County, a nonprofit organization that provides domestic abuse services to individuals and families. Scoville is executive director of UW-Green Bay’s Ecumenical Center. She also is assistant curator of the Door County Historical Museum and operates her own business, Scoville Auctions and Appraisals.