Alumni Chapter Agreement
SECTION I — NAME
The name of this organization shall be the
Alumni Chapter of the UW Oshkosh Alumni Association
SECTION II — PURPOSES
The objective of this chapter shall be the promotion of all interests of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh and the UW Oshkosh Alumni Association.
To that end, this chapter shall:
- Provide an ongoing connection with the University, by creating opportunities for alumni to meet one another on social, cultural and intellectual levels.
- To interest and encourage qualified students to enter or continue their education at the University.
- To support the advancement of the University, a particular college, department, major or extra-curricular activity at the University.
- To serve as a vehicle of communication between the individual alumnus/a, the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Alumni Association and the University.
- To support the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Alumni Association by attending programs and encouraging others to attend sponsored events.
SECTION III — MEMBERSHIP
Membership: All alumni, current and former students, faculty and staff of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh shall be eligible for participation in the chapter.
SECTION IV — LEADERSHIP/COMMITTEES
Leadership: The chapter must have at least one primary contact responsible for chapter activities and communication with the UW Oshkosh Alumni Association and the Department of Alumni Relations. In addition, the chapter may establish a leadership team or steering committee.
Committees: The primary contact person or leadership team may establish committees as needed to carry out the business of the chapter.
ARTICLE V — CHAPTER REQUIREMENTS
A. Membership dues may not be assessed or collected.
B. Formal fundraising activities must be coordinated through the Director of Alumni Relations and approved by the President of the UW Oshkosh Foundation in advance.
C. An annual summary of activities and participant roster must be submitted to the Alumni Relations Office by April 1 of each year highlighting events of the prior twelve months.
D. A minimum of one chapter meeting must be held on an annual basis.
ARTICLE VI — DISSOLUTION
In case of dissolution, the assets of this chapter shall be used to pay all indebtedness of the chapter. Any remainder shall be paid to the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Alumni Association.
This agreement approved and adopted at a meeting of the Leadership Team of the
_________________________________Alumni Chapter of the UW Oshkosh Alumni
Association on _________________ (date)
This agreement approved by the UW Oshkosh Alumni Association