Complaints and Grievances
UW Oshkosh has an established system of complaint and grievance procedures to address complaints of alleged discrimination based on any protected status such as race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability. Employees are encouraged to resolve complaints informally by working with the relevant parties and administrators; alternatively, they may elect to use the complaint or grievance procedures listed below to initiate an investigation and review.
A complaint focuses upon the alleged misconduct of another and seeks punishment for the offender. A grievance focuses upon the alleged effects experienced by the grievant (perceived unfair treatment or violation of rights or in general unsatisfactory working conditions) and seeks relief for the grievant.
For complaints or grievances, please contact the UW Oshkosh Affirmative Action director by calling (920) 424-2296.
- GEN 1.2.(1) Affirmative Action
- GEN 1.2.(2) Disability Accommodation Policy and Procedures
- GEN 1.2.(3) Communicable Diseases and Life-Threatening Medical Conditions
- GEN 1.2.(4) Racist and Discriminatory Conduct
- GEN 1.2.(5) Relationship Violence Policy
- GEN 1.2.(6) Sexual Harassment Policy
- GEN 1.2.(7) Consensual Relationship Policy
- GEN 1.2.(8) Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- GEN 1.2.(9) Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect