About the Office of Equity and Affirmative Action
The UW Oshkosh Office of Equity and Affirmative Action:
- Assists search committees in developing a search process which strives to create a diverse pool of applicants, provide an equal opportunity for all applicants to demonstrate their suitability for the position, and to ensure that the interview and selection processes are free from discrimination based upon any protected status.
- Offers programming for the UW Oshkosh community about affirmative action and equal employment laws, discrimination, harassment, cultural diversity, gender issues, and the process for hiring employees.
- Monitors changes in the University workforce and makes recommendations to increase the recruitment and retention of underrepresented groups.
- Provides assistance to individuals who have concerns and questions about discrimination, and racial, ethnic, or sexual harassment.
- Administers internal discrimination grievance and harassment procedures and conducts investigations relative to complaints.
- Serves as a resource for members of the University community who need resource materials, information, or advice.
- Develops and distributes the annual Federal Affirmative Action Plan and the biannual State Plan. The current state and federal affirmative action plans are on file in the Office of Equity and Affirmative Action and can be viewed upon request.
- Participates in developing and updating University policies and programs to provide and retain a diverse workplace.
Dempsey Hall 211
View the campus map.
Monday-Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Our office feels strongly about your input and answering your questions. If you have questions, please contact our office at (920) 424-2296.