UW Oshkosh Rights
- Establish essential job functions, abilities, skills, knowledge, and standards.
- Request current documentation from an employee completed by the appropriate professional source(s) to verify the need for reasonable accommodations.
- Deny a request for accommodations if the documentation demonstrates that the request is not warranted or if the individual fails to provide the appropriate documentation.
- Select among effective accommodations.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the disability and accommodations (no discussion with co-workers or colleagues, no medical records in personnel files).
- Refuse unreasonable accommodation requests that impose an undue financial burden upon the University, or that are considered “personal” in nature.