Personal tools
You are here: Home > For Faculty Advisors > Major/Minor Appeals

Major/Minor Appeals

College of Letter and Science Appeal

A student can request exceptions to academic policies by contacting an academic advisor for the College of Letters and Science. Appeals must be made to the Dean's Office. On academic matters, the decision from the Dean's Office is final.


College of Business Appeals

Appeals relate to College policies with regard to academic issues. Students may appeal any academic policy. Examples of an academic policy include late adding/dropping of courses, substitutions in curriculum, and prerequisite exceptions.


1. An appeal must be submitted on an appeal request form which is available through the advisors in the Academic Advisement Office, Dempsey 130, or from your assigned business advisor.


2. The request must state a clear explanation of the situation.


3. All information requested on the form must be filled out completely to prevent a delay in response to the request.


4. A current STAR and any supporting documentation must be attached.


5. The appeal will be reviewed by the Assistant Dean, who will determine the legitimacy of the request.


6. A copy of the decision will be mailed to the student’s address as listed on the appeal form.


The College of Business reserves the right to approve, deny or modify any appeal request.


College Of Education and Human Services Appeals

To view the College of Education and Human Services student appeals policy, go to page 33 in the 2010-11 Student Handbook (pdf format).


Document Actions
by lefebl83 last modified Dec 07, 2011 10:04 AM
Undergraduate Advising Resources Center       Student Success Center, Suite 202       (920) 424-1268