Step 4: Set Up Web Accounts
As a student, you will have three different accounts that have different login requirements.
You've already logged in to TitanWeb via step 2, so this page will get you set up with the other two accounts: your NetID and Titan email.
Your NetID is used as a login for computer labs on campus, to access the D2L system, to sign up for housing, to access the WiFi, to utilize your My UWO Portal and as a login for various websites.
To access your NetID account:
- Go to the NetID password change website: https://netid.uwosh.edu/changePassword/
You MUST change your password BEFORE you can log in for the first time.
- Make sure the "Change Password" circle is selected.
- Your username is the first part of your email address, which is the first five (5) letters of your last name, first letter of your first name and last two digits of your student ID number. Do not type "@uwosh.edu" after your username. (e.g. smithj00)
- Your current password is set to your 7-digit campus student ID number. (e.g. 0123456)
- Type in a new password and make sure it meets the criteria set on the right side of the page.
- Type new password again to confirm that it matches.
- Select the "Change Password" button.
Titan Email / Titan Apps
Your UW Oshkosh email account is extremely important, as it is considered the official method for communication at the University. The University expects that email communications will be received and read by students in a timely fashion and recommends checking this account at least twice per week.
Approximately two days after we receive your tuition deposit, your UW Oshkosh email account will be active and ready for use. You can verify that your account has been created by searching for your name in the online directory: http://www.uwosh.edu/directory/. If you can find your name, you should have a functional UWO email, ready for use.
NOTE: Your UW Oshkosh email will be used to provide information about meeting with your academic adviser and is the only means of communication from our Financial Aid Office.
How to Access Your Email
- Go to www.uwosh.edu/titanapps.
- Click on the Login to TitanApps link on the right side of the page.
- Enter email@example.com. Your username is the first five (5) letters of your last name, the first letter of your first name and the last two (2) digits of your student ID number.
Example: John Smith (student ID: 0000000) would be smithj00.
- Enter your password. Your initial password is your seven-digit student ID number.
Note: When logging into Titan Apps, make sure to include your full email address when logging in. (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Forget Your Password or Having Trouble Logging In?
Contact UW Oshkosh's academic computing help desk at (920) 424-3020. They will be able to assist you. Please make sure to have your student I.D. number available before calling.