Odyssey 2013 Confirmation Letter - August
Welcome to the fall 2013 UW Oshkosh freshman class!
We look forward to seeing you for Odyssey 2013: The Beginning on August 14, 2013. The program begins with check-in at 8:15 a.m. in Reeve Memorial Union (748 Algoma Blvd) and concludes at approximately 4:30 p.m., followed by an optional campus tour.
You are required to be at the program all day — early departure cannot be accommodated. If this date no longer works for you due to any work, family, school or athletic commitments, please contact the Admissions Office.
What will you do at Odyssey?
- Meet individually with an academic adviser
- Schedule for your fall semester classes
- Have your picture taken for your TitanCard (student ID card)
- Participate in orientation activities
- Bring photo identification (state-issued ID) and a pen or pencil with you
- Casual attire is appropriate for the day
- The climate in meeting rooms can be cool; we recommend you bring a light sweater, sweatshirt or jacket
- Family/guests are highly encouraged to attend, as there is a separate program designed for them
Photo Identification Required
All students are required to show photo identification when checking in. Please bring photo identification with you, as you cannot receive your TitanCard without it. Acceptable forms of identification include: driver's license, military ID, state ID card or passport. Information about how to obtain a Wisconsin state identification card can be found here.
Lunch Fees for Guests
There is a lunch fee of $6 for each family member or guest. If your family/guests plan to join you for lunch, they can purchase a meal ticket at check-in. You do not pay the student lunch fee at this time. An orientation fee of $65 will appear on the fall semester billing statement in late August, which covers the cost of the student's meal, materials for this program and the cost of additional fall orientation activities.
Parking, Directions, Lodging
You may park in Lot #13, located next to Kolf Sports Center (785 High Ave), or the first level of the High Avenue parking structure. No permit is needed during the day. You can access a list of hotels offering special rates for Odyssey here. Click here for directions to campus.
Placement tests need to be completed prior to your assigned date. You will not be allowed to schedule English and math classes without your test results. If you have not taken these tests, please visit www.testing.wisc.edu to register. For more details about placement testing, please click here.
Questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us:
- Laurie Stevens, (920) 424-7384, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicole Jackson, (920) 424-3079, email@example.com
- Rosie Merten, (920) 424-0309, firstname.lastname@example.org