Please check in frequently for additional updates and information!
- IMPORTANT: NEW ACCOUNTS PAYABLE EFFICIENCY
The time has arrived and it’s finally here…The process everyone has been asking for!
Effective Wednesday, January 2, 2013, all employees who submit any type of request for personal reimbursements; for example, Travel Expense Report (TER) and/or Direct Payment Request (DPR) will be paid using direct deposit due to the implementation of Automated Clearing House (ACH) which is an electronic network for financial transactions in the United States.
Please review the following, important information:
- Your payment should be deposited in your bank account within 15 business days or less after it is received in Financial Services not when you submit it to your department for approval. There is no notification when your reimbursement has been processed.
- The notification appearing on your banking statement might look like this; your banking institution is required to include the company name of UWOSH;
- “Electronic Deposit” or
- “Electronic Withdrawal” or
- "WEB Authorized Payment”
Please refer to our Employee ACH Frequently Asked Questions on our Travel website. Please direct related questions to our general Financial Services email account at email@example.com or call 424-3990.
- Policy changes include a more reasonable and measurable definition of “lowest available airfare” as non-refundable, coach class. While the revised air policy does not mandate the purchase of airfare in Concur, the new policy, effective August 1, 2012, clearly outlines the expectation to compare fares in Concur for individual, domestic airfare before searching for airfare on another internet site. Travelers may purchase from another internet site when the same flight is found elsewhere for at least $100 less than Concur. Booking through Concur is the preferred method because UW System’s airline discount agreements are tied directly to Concur volume. For those already using Concur, no cost comparisons are necessary. Note: Orbitz continues to be a non-approved vendor and therefore cannot be used to book or compare pricing for any travel needs.
- Two new websites are provided to help communicate all changes made to the UW System’s travel program. The Travel Management & Operations Committee website http://web.uwsa.edu/travelmanagement/ contains information on the new travel program’s development including ability to provide continual feedback the System-wide travel program initiatives. There is also a new System-wide travel portal at http://web.uwsa.edu/travel/, where you will find the new airfare policy and procedures related to the purchase and payment of airfare, including numerous resources for utilizing Concur for internet booking. The new website is a work-in-progress but when complete will be a one-stop shop for traveler resources including industry information, discount agreements and contracts, policies, and new business processes. It is important to note that both websites are protected and will require all employees to log in with their University credentials (the same user name and password used to obtain your payroll information.)
- For those of you that travel on University business, the Office of State Employment Relations (OSER) has announced that effective July 1, 2012, the mileage rate will increase from $.485 to $.51 per mile for employees who use their personal vehicles for business travel. The turndown rate remains unchanged at $.352.
Travelers on official university business, including approved professional meetings, shall be reimbursed for the actual, reasonable and necessary travel expenses incurred in the performance of official duties. Only travel expenses related to the conduct of UW business may be reimbursed. All travel paid or reimbursed to employees from university administered funds must be done in compliance with the university travel policies, regardless of the funding source, i.e., federal grants and contracts, auxiliary operations, general operating funds and restricted funds.
Additional travel information pertaining Travel can be found in the Pocket Traveler's Reference Guide and at UW System - Travel Information along with the NEW UW System Travel Management & Operations and the NEW UW System-wide Travel Services