UW TravelWIse: New Travel Portal for UW System launches on August 1, 2013
Effective August 1, 2013, all UW employees will have access to the new portal for UW business travel needs. The portal, named UW TravelWIse, will provide both convenience and consistency for all involved in business travel. In the past, there were at times variations in travel policies, processes, and related communications, which sometimes led to inefficiencies and confusion for travelers and staff making travel arrangements.
Using the travel portal, UW employees can be assured of standard, up-to-date information regarding all business travel and uniform access to all travel reservation resources.
The UW TravelWIse portal will offer:
- One-stop shopping for online booking of air, hote, car, and full-service agent reservations.
- Contract rates, terms and other discount programs, with new contracts for vehicle rentals, airlines, and lodging discount options for August 1st.
- Travel promotions - Additional discounts, Reward Programs, Frequent Traveler Status Matching, etc.
- Passport and travel visa processing services at discount rates.
- After hours and emergency support services.
- UW onsite reservation booking options for guests and student travelers.
- New alerts.
- UW travel policies, best business practices and process standards.
- Traveler Voice - a real time feedback exchange for portal users.
IMPORTANT: All future access to the Self-Booking Tool, other reservation options, and travel information is housed within the UW TravelWIse portal, requiring that you authenticate with your University log in name and password - bookmark the page at http://web.uwsa.edu/travel/login/ to access the portal, your one-stop shopping site for all business travel needs!
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Michelle Highley (920-424-0837 or firstname.lastname@example.org)