Document Preparation, Submission and Finished Copies
This page will take you through the steps of submitting a document for printing, from beginning to end.
Document Preparation and Submission
All print requests must be submitted via the NowDocs print ordering online system. You need to have a NowDocs account with Document Services. Contact Document Services at 424-1122 for a new account or any additional information.
All documents must be sent to us in ready to copy print format.
- A print request can be submitted to NowDocs using one of the three methods:
- As a file upload to be converted by NowDocs. NOTE: please make sure the fonts are imbedded in the document and converted correctly.
Acceptable file formats through NowDocs: (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power point, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Visio, Adobe Acrobat PDF, Adobe InDesign, TIFF, GIF, JPG, PNG, Corel Word Perfect, Rich Text Format)
- As an upload PDF converted on your PC
- As a counter drop off with a hard copy or digital pdf file (thumb drive or disk) delivered to Document Services.
- Electronic Files
- PDF’s are preferred.
- Electronic files are preferred for color printing and half tones (gray-scale).
- Please embed fonts in all files.
- Send loose sheets on 8-1/2” x 11”, 8-1/2” x 14”, 11” x 17”, or 12” x 18” only!
- Do NOT send stapled materials.
- Do NOT send bound books.
- Do NOT send taped or glued originals.
- If you want certain pages run back-to-back and others single-sided, you must make a note of it in NowDocs order or add a Post-It note on hard copy of documents, notifying us of these exceptions. (If your originals are already back-to-back, you must note this on the Printing Work Order.)
- Please remember that even though you know how you want something run, we do not know unless you specify your needs. Therefore, we will run the originals the way that they come into this department, unless specific instructions are on the Printing Work Order.
- When submitting landscape originals you want run back-to-back, you must write on the Printing Work Order that you want it run head-to-head or head-to-toe (see Printing Terminology for definition).
- Please note that all originals will come out head-to-toe, on landscape originals – that is how the machine runs it.
- Originals on colored paper are difficult to scan and preproduce on our Black and White high-speed copiers.
- If your originals have light gray half-tones, please write HALF TONES on the top of the Printing Work Order.
- Departments, groups, and organizations are not allowed to include the use of works that are protected by copyright law, such as cartoons, pictures, insignias, motion pictures, logos works of art, etc.
- Print order request consisting of documents which include unauthorized use of copyright materials will be returned to the user without having the printing order completed.
- For faculty and instructional staff preparing materials for classroom work, the University Bookstore has information on the copyright laws to hep you make decisions regarding the legal use of other author’s works within manuals. Please contact the University Bookstore for more information (424-2384).
- For more information regarding the use of copyright materials, see Questions & Answers on copyright for the Campus Community.
- NowDocs notifies user when production is complete via e-mail.
- All finished work is sent via Postal Services unless otherwise specified when order is placed.
- Errors found when you receive your finished copies:
- If you feel that your job was not properly duplicated, please return the originals, the Printing Work Order, and all of the copies to Document Services.
- We will then discuss the problem, decide how the job was run, and how we can rectify the situation.