Recruitment and Retention Fund Guidelines
The 2009-11 Budget included funding requested by UW System to support the retention of high demand faculty, instructional academic staff, and research academic staff in mission-critical academic disciplines. Guidelines on the use of this funding are:
- The use of these funds is limited to salary dollars and may not include non-salary recruitment needs.
- Because of the critical need for funding to address competitive salary concerns, all recruitment and retention dollars should be used in the year allocated. Any unused funds at the end of the year will be centralized and redistributed.
- Funding is not limited to matching outside offers but can be used to support proactive market based salary increases when these disparities can be documented.
- This funding may not be used to address widespread compression issues.
- Recruitment and retention funding cannot be provided in an across-the-board fashion.
- This funding may not be granted to deans, or any individual who has a working title of dean.
- Awards should be no less than $1,000 per individual.
- The ongoing commitment of funding in excess of allocation amounts in any given fiscal year will not be carried forward into the next fiscal year to be credited against the next year’s allocation.
Source: UW System Administration Office of Budget & Planning