Personal tools
You are here: Home > Purchasing > Procurement Card > Restriction List


The Purchasing Card is intended for best judgment purchases (< $5,000).  Purchases made with this card must comply with the Department of Administration and the UW Oshkosh Purchasing procurement policies and procedures.


The Purchasing Card MAY NOT be used to purchase the following:

Item Details & Contact Information
Air Fare, Rail, Bus Fares, Taxi & Limo's
Alarm/Security Systems
Alcoholic beverages, drugs or pharmaceutical products
Ammunition or firearms
Audio Visual Equipment
Needs to be approved by Julie Lemanski (3351) in Media Services before purchase.
Buses For Chartered buses such as Kobussen, Lamers, etc. you must contact Terry Rudolph (0405)
Business Cards
Can be purchased through Document Services. Visit their website to fill out an order form.
Capital equipment (> $5,000) or component parts
Cash Advances (ATM machines)
Central Stores Items
Includes paper, batteries, band aids, etc.
Computer Hardware/Software
Purchases must be coordinated through the Academic Computing Office (3020)
Consulting Services
Construction & Renovation Items
Donations or Contributions
Including donations to individuals/organizations/vendors where part of the purchase price is applied to causes.
Expenses for faculty and staff recruiting or entertainment of prospective employees

Flowers/Gifts/Awards Some accounts may allow for purchase of these items. Contact Susan Poff (2006) for further clarification or access to the UW System Policy Papers regarding these types of purchases. (See Policy Paper #46).
Food/Beverages These purchases must be made with Meal or Beverage Requisitions and submitted to Michelle Highley in Dempsey 236.
Furniture Contact Susan Poff (2006)
Gift cards
Greeting cards for personal use
This includes birthdays, get well, special occasion, etc.
Hazardous or radioactive materials and chemicals
This includes purchase or removal of such items. Contact Dan Strey (7008)
Insurance Contact Jamie Schwister (1009)
Leases/Rentals For more information contact Michelle Highley (0837). There is a state contract for in-state and out-of-state vehicle rentals.
Legal Services
Lodging The Corporate VISA card should be used for these transactions. Then process a Travel Expense Report (TER) for reimbursement. Also, see Policy Paper #36.
Meals & other miscellaneous travel expenses
Meals taken during travel should be purchased using the Corporate VISA card and then processed using a Travel Expense Report (TER) for reimbursement.
 Moving Expenses
 Medical Services
 Memberships/Dues Must be processed using a Direct Pay Request (DPR). Submit to Michelle Highley (0837). For more information see Policy Paper # 34.
 Motor Vehicles
 Paper This is a Central Stores stocked item. We have Mandatory State Contracts for paper purchases and Central Stores abides by these contracts. For questions regarding special paper purchases contact Purchasing (0405).
 Parking Permits
 Party Supplies
 Any items purchased for office parties or celebrations, including plates, cutlery, napkins, decorations, etc.
 Payments to individuals, employees or students for any reason
 These payments should be processed using a Payment to Individual form and submitted to Michelle Highley in Accounts Payable.
 Personal Items
 This includes seasonal decorations, facial tissue, greeting cards, invitations, paper cups, plates, pictures, plants, radios, coffee pots, heaters, refrigerators, microwave ovens, potting soil, and plants for office use.
 Phone Cards
 Printing  All purchases of letterhead, envelopes, brochures, flyers, posters, duplicating, forms, etc. must be processed through Document Services
 Radioactive Materials
 Contact Evan Schwalbe (4484) regarding such materials.
 Registration Fees pertaining to social/fundraising events.
 These purchases are considered personal expenses and must be paid with personal funds.
 Retirement gifts (plaques, etc.)
 Serial Purchasing
 Serial Purchasing occurs when transactions which exceed $5,000 are split in order to avoid the bidding process.
 Services  Including maintenance on equipment, window washers along with any type of service that requires a vendor to come on campus and provide a service.

Purchasing services leads to liability issues. See Vendor Certificates of Insurance guidelines. Also go to VendorNet and click on the State Procurement Manual. Then click on PRO-D-34 Certificates of Insurance General Policies
 Temporary Help/Clerical Labor
 Travel  See Policy Paper # 36 or contact Michelle Highley (0837)
 Work Center Purchases




For commodities and services available on Department of Administration (DOA) contracts refer to the VendorNet System--See link below.   Once on the VendorNet System click on “Login”.  Your user name and password is as follows:


Username:  uwosh

Password:  titans

Click on send

Under “View Only Information”  click on “Numerical Listing of State Bureau of Procurement Statewide Contracts”  You now have access to all the DOA contracts.  Any contract beginning with the number:  10, 14 or 15 are considered mandatory contracts.  Contracts beginning with 18 or 20 are considered Sole Source contracts that required a Governor’s Waiver.

Using the back button on your browser go back one page and click on “Other Contract Resources”

You can now access “UW Madison and UW System Purchasing Contracts

These are optional contracts that we can utilize.  

Any questions regarding this link contact Purchasing at 0946.


Document Actions
by Poff, Susan L. last modified Jan 06, 2015 10:04 AM
June 2013 »
Contact Information

Administrative Services

800 Algoma Blvd.

Oshkosh WI 54901-3551

Dempsey 236

(920) 424-3990

Student Financial Services

(Tuition Billing Questions)

(920) 424-1332

Financial Aid Office

(920) 424-3377