Elementary Content Tests
Please refer to your Acceptance Letter for the specific test(s) required for your additional licensure. You must submit proof of passing scores for the new content/developmental area to the Add-On Program.
Wisconsin Reading Foundation Test
According to the newly enacted Wisconsin State Statute ACT 166:
SECTION 21. 118.19 (14) (a) any person applying for a teacher license “…to teach in grades kindergarten to 5 or in special education, an initial license as a reading teacher, or an initial license as a reading specialist…” is required to take and pass a Foundations of Reading Test.
- Early Childhood-Middle Childhood Majors – Regular Education
- Middle Childhood-Early Adolescence Majors – Regular Education
This test is in effect for any EC-MC or MC-EA application submitted in January 2014 - the exact January date has not yet been confirmed.
Links for information
- The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction requires all individuals who apply for an initial license after August 2004 to complete the Praxis II content exam(s) for their area(s) of licensure. UW Oshkosh requires passing scores on the Praxis II content exam(s).
- Download the 2010-2011 Praxis Bulletin
- Dates and Locations
- General Information and Study Tips
- Preparation Materials
For additional information including dates, locations, fees and practice exams please visit the ETS website at: http://www.ets.org