First Time Connecting to Titan WiFi from OS X
Detailed procedure on how to connect to Titan WiFi on OS X Lion.
- Open System Preferences, go to Network.
- On the left hand side are the network interfaces, click on 'Wi-Fi'.
- Click 'Turn WiFi Off'.
- Near the bottom of the window is the button for 'Advanced...', click here.
- A new window will pop up with all the Wi-Fi settings, go to the 'Wi-Fi' tab (you should be here by default).
- There will be box name 'Preferred Networks' that list all the recently connected to Wi-Fi networks. By selecting the network and clicking the minus button, it makes your computer forget the previous wireless networks. Click 'OK'. Make sure to forget all networks that you don't use. Make sure to remove Titan WiFi'. The following steps will add it back in.
- Now click 'OK', the window will close, then click 'Apply' under 'System Preferences'.
- Click 'Turn WiFi On', then click 'Apply' under 'System Preferences'.
- Near the bottom of the window is the button for 'Advanced...', click here again like we previously did.
- Under the 'Preferred Networks', click the '+' button to add a network.
- Another window will pop up, click 'Choose a network...', select 'Titan WiFi', then click 'OK'.
- Enter your NetID and password, click 'OK'.
- In the list of 'Preferred Networks:' find 'Titan WiFi', click on it and drag it to the top of the list. This will make 'Titan WiFi' the preferred network.
- Then click 'OK' again.
- It make take up to 30 seconds to connect the first time. A successful connection will start a timer, you'll see 'Authenticated via PEAP (MSCHAPv2) Connect Time xx:xx:xx';
- Then click 'Apply' and finally close 'System Preferences'. The Wi-Fi icon in the bar along the top should be a continuous black. The IP address should start '141.233.x.x'. You can now close the 'System Preferences'.