First Time Connecting to Titan WiFi from OS X
Detailed procedure on how to connect to Titan WiFi for users that have previously connected to SecureWOOSH.
- Open System Preferences, go to Network.
- On the left hand side are the network interfaces, click on 'Wi-Fi'.
- On the right hand side of the window there will be a button 'Turn Wi-Fi Off', click here.
- Near the bottom of the window is the button for 'Advanced...', click here.
- A new window will pop up with all the Wi-Fi settings
- There will be box that list all the recently connected to Wi-Fi networks, looking through this list click on 'WOOSH' then click the minus button. Next find 'SecureWOOSH' in the list click on it and then click the minus button again. This makes your computer forget the previous wireless networks. Click 'OK'.
- The previous window has closed, now click 'Turn Wi-Fi On'.
- In the drop down menu select the Wi-Fi network you want to join, in this case 'Titan WiFi'.
- Enter your NetID and password, make sure 'Remember this network' is clicked.
- It make take up to 30 seconds to connect the first time.
- Click on 'Advanced...'
- In the list of 'Preferred Networks:' find 'Titan WiFi', click on it and drag it to the top of the list. This will make 'Titan WiFi' the preferred network.
- Click 'OK', then click 'Apply' and finally close 'System Preferences'.