Changing the Default Save Location in Word for Windows
Step-by-step changing the default Save location on Microsoft Word.
To change the default folder Microsoft Word uses for saving and opening files perform the following:
- For the Windows version go to Tools -> Options
- Next click on the File Locations tab.
- Under File Types: select Documents and then click on Modify
- Navigate to the folder you would like to select and click OK or Choose depending on the version of Word you are using.
- Now when you select open or save, it should open to the folder you specified.