Mapping Network Drives on Windows OS
This is step-by-step how to access your S: or U: drive from any computer set to log in automatically, e.g. Classroom computers.
- Click the Start button (Windows logo in the bottom left-hand corner).
- In the second column on the right of the Start menu, you will need to click on Computer, and review which drive letters are being used. (In this case, C:, D:, and S: are all in use.)
- Change the Drive: box to a letter that is not currently being used.
- Input the server name into the Folder: box. The server name for the Shared Drive is \\wfc\shared and the name of the Users Drive is \\wfc\users.
- Uncheck the box next to Reconnect at logon.
- Check the box next to Connect using different credentials.
- The boxes should look like the following example when finished, it may have different drive letters.
If you have any problems with the instructions above, please contact the ACS Help Desk at 920-424-3020.