Removing Stored Information from Windows Internet Explorer
This document explains how to remove stored information in Internet Explorer.
To remove a stored password or other stored information:
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- On the General tab, under "Browsing history", click Delete... .
- Check the item(s) you want to delete:
- Temporary Internet files (copies of web pages, images, and media that are saved for faster viewing)
- History (the lists of web sites you have visited)
- Form data (saved information you have typed into forms)
- InPrivate Filtering data (saved data used by InPrivate Filtering to detect where web sites may be automatically sharing details about your visit)
- To delete everything, uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check all the other options.