Pop-up Blocker in Firefox, Safari & Internet Explorer
To open the Popup Windows menu:
- Open Firefox.
- Navigate to Tools then Options then Web Features. From here you have two options:
- Check Block Popup Windows if you would like to all popups.
- Click on Allowed Sites to allow popups from specified websites.
- Enter the URL of the site you want to allow popups from and click Allow.
- If you wish to remove a site from your allowed list, highlight it and click Remove Site.
- Clicking Remove All Sites will clear your allowed sites list.
To open the Pop-up Blocker Settings Menu:
- open IE.
- Go to Tools, then Pop-up Blocker, then Pop-up Blocker Settings. You have two options of ways to set up your pop-up blocker:
- Notifications and Filter Level: this section allows you to set popup filter level and notification preferences.
- Go to Notifications and Filter Level at the bottom of the menu. Choose the filter level you want. It is recommended to keep the default setting of Medium.
- The other two checkboxes are optional and notify you when popups are blocked.
- Exceptions: this section allows you to allow popups from specified websites.
- To add a site to this list:
- enter the URL in Address of website to allow:
- Click the Add button. That site will now appear in your Allowed Sites list below.
- Single-click on the site to highlight it.
- Click the Remove button.
- NOTE: You can remove all allowed site by clicking the Remove All button.
We recommend turning the popup blocker off the first time you visit a website. Some websites use popups as part of the infrastructure, and it is necessary to not block them. After you visit a site for the first time, you can determine if you want to block popups or not.