Disabiling Novell Client on Your Machine
Instructions for Windows XP and Windows 7 Users who no longer need access to Novell Servers. These instructions will configure your workstation to bypass logging into Novell servers and will hopefully make your login process and access to Windows Servers quicker.
IMPORTANT: By doing the below process you will lose your mappings to the R: drive and the H: drive. These drive letters typically point at Novell servers that are being replaced. The data from these servers is being migrated to a Windows server which is your S: drive. If you no longer need any data from R: or H: please proceed (not everyone has an H: drive).
Downloading and Running Novell Client Disable (You must be an Administrator on the computer)
- Using Internet Explorer, click this file. Workstation_only.bat
- A popup will come up. Click Save File and save Workstation_only.bat.
- In the same popup, after the file is done downloading, click Run.
- You may get a security warning to which you want to press Allow.
- A black box will pop up with the phrase Novell Workstation only changes made. Press the spacebar or Press any key to continue... .
- Press any key or the spacebar and the box will disappear. In order for the changes to take affect, you will need to restart your computer.
- After you Restart, follow the directions for your Operating System below.
- The first time after logging on you will notice that Novell no longer pops up, instead, there is a button with Other User on it.
- Click on this Other User button, this will only show up the first time you log in.
- Now, instead of Log on to Novell, you see Log on to this Computer.
- You want to enter your username and password in the boxes there.
- Click Enter to log in.
- The first time after logging on you will notice that Novell no longer pops up, instead, the log in screen is the Windows XP log in screen.
- There will be a name in the username box.
- If this username is yours type in your password and press Enter.
- If the username is not yours, change it to yours, type in your password, and press Enter.