Restoring Safari Default Settings
This document explains how to restore Safari's default settings.
To restore Safari’s default settings, please use the following steps:
- Open Safari and click on Safari in the upper left hand corner.
- Click Reset Safari.
- Restart Safari. This will resolve most problems. If this does not solve the problem, proceed on to Step 4.
- Click on the hard drive icon located on the desktop.
- Browse to Users | (Users Home) | Library | Safari folder.
- Drag every file but "Bookmarks.plist" into the trash.
- Browse to Users | (User Home) | Library | Preferences.
- Locate "com.apple.Safari.plist", "com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist", and "com.apple.internetconfig.plist" and drag them to the trash. If "com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist" does not exist, ignore it and just trash the other two files.
- Safari should now be back to factory default status.