Pop-up Blocker in Firefox, Safari & Internet Explorer
To open the "Popup Windows" menu:
- Open Firefox.
- Go to Firefox menu then Preferences then Web Features. From there you have two options:
- Check Block Popup Windows if you would like to all popups.
- Click on Allowed Sites to allow popups from specified websites.
- Enter the URL of the site you want to allow popups from and click Allow.
- If you wish to remove a site from your allowed list, highlight it and click Remove Site.
- To remove all sites, click Remove All Sites will clear your allowed sites list.
- 1. Open the Safari web browser.
- 2. Click on Safari menu in the upper-left hand corner of the screen.
- 3. You can then toggle the popup blocker on or off by checking (or un-checking) Block Pop-up Windows.
We recommend turning the popup blocker off the first time you visit a website. Some websites use popups as part of the infrastructure, and it is necessary to not block them. After you visit a site for the first time, you can determine if you want to block popups or not.