Information about computers, access, and file sharing with Linux.
- Lab Information — by Bannenberg, Liz J. — last modified Aug 03, 2011 10:44 AM
- Location, number of computers, system specs
- Logging into the Linux Lab Machines — by Bannenberg, Liz J. — last modified Aug 03, 2011 01:54 PM
- Information about first time logins, changing passwords, and remote login.
- Titan Card Access to the Linux Lab — by rothed63 — last modified Jul 29, 2011 11:36 AM
- If you need card access to the Linux lab contact the Academic Computing Services Help Desk with your student ID number and user name.
- Remote File Access and Transfer from Linux Machines — by Bannenberg, Liz J. — last modified Aug 03, 2011 10:44 AM
- Explains multiple ways to access and Transfer files from the machines in the Linux Lab in Halsey 101A.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs) — by Bannenberg, Liz J. — last modified Aug 03, 2011 10:44 AM
- This section will provide a brief overview on how to set Access Control Lists (ACLs) to grant others access to files in your home directory. ACLs allow you to grant individual users access to files and directories in order to share files without giving access to everyone. ACLs are simply an extension of the standard 'rwx' permissions every file and directory already has.