Employee List Guidelines
These guidelines set forth the expectations associated with the use of email distribution lists. These guidelines and the use of this communication tool will be reviewed on an ongoing basis to make any changes required to help advance the purposes stated below.
"Announcements" Email Distribution List:
This list is viewed as being cost-effective and reducing the amount of paperwork distributed through other established means.
"Discussion" Email Distribution List:
The purpose of this list is to serve as a forum for employees to discuss and debate current issues and topics of interest to the University community.
- As responsible members of the UW Oshkosh community, users are expected to demonstrate common sense, common decency, and civility.
- Users must respect the rights of others. Abusive, threatening, or harassing materials should not be sent.
- The lists cannot be used for personal or commercial gain.
- Each message must contain the sender's name, department affiliation, and office phone number. It is not permitted to use a pseudonym or to send anonymous email.
- Attachments to messages sent to the distribution lists are not allowed.
- All pertinent information should be included in the body of the email as text, or a link to an appropriate web page provided.
- Use of the email distribution lists must conform to the UW Oshkosh Acceptable Use of Computing Resources Policy and the Board of Regents .