Apple releases security patch against JAVA exploit
It has been reported that malicious attackers have already infected over 600,000 Macintosh computers with this new malware named Flashback and we are seeing infected computers here on campus. It is imperative that you patch your computer now to protect yourself from this attack. I have included the steps to update your computer bellow.
To get updates immediately, follow these steps:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
- Choose Software Update from the View menu.
- Click Update Now.
- Select the items you want to install, then click Install.
- Enter an Admin user name and password.
- After the update is complete, restart the computer if necessary.
Please contact the help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 424-3020 if you have issues with updating or if you have any questions.