- Increase the number of high school graduates
of color who apply, are accepted, and enroll at UW System institutions.
- Encourage partnerships that build the educational
pipeline by reaching children and their parents at an earlier age.
- Close the gap in educational
achievement, by bringing retention and graduation rates
for students of color in line with those of the student
body as a whole.
- Increase the amount of
financial aid available to needy students and reduce
their reliance on loans.
- Increase the number of faculty, academic staff,
classified staff and administrators of color, so that they are repre-sented
in the UW System workforce in proportion to their current availability
in relevant job pools. In addition, work to increase their future availability
as potential employees.
- Foster institutional environments and course
development that enhance learning and a respect for racial and ethnic
- Improve accountability of the UW System and
to the 2008
Return to UW
Updated October 2003